Last modified: January 9, 2016
At EZ Moving – Moving & Storage we recognize that your privacy is important. This document outlines our policy on the various types of personal information we receive and collect when you use our online EZ Quick Quote Online form System, or call our office for an estimate, any in-home / office move / pack / storage estimate, or any submission or information collected that we used to process your request to use of our moving and storage services. All of us at EZ Moving have also implemented some very important steps to safeguard your credit card information to ensure stricht security protocols. Extreme precautions / prevention are used when you relocate with us and we hope this will help set you at ease when you make an informed decision about sharing any personal information with our company.
256 bit Security Encryption
EZ Moving has obtained the best and most secure coding you can possibly get and we have upgraded our security for 2013. Our state of the art website is secured with a GoDaddy.com Web Server Online Security Certificate and our website is secure with a 256 bit encryption process. All online transactions on this site and all of its pages are protected with up to 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption coding.
Certificate is valid (11/17/2015 – 11/17/2016)
Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you fill out our online quote form, we ask you for personal information (such as your name and email address). For certain services, such as our box orders, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other EZ Moving services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to EZ Moving, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Location data – EZ Moving through Google, offer location-enabled services, such as Google Earth. If you use those services, Google may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- Links – EZ Moving may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising. Read more information about links and redirected URLs.
- This notice offers points of interest which describes in detail the privacy practices that apply to EZ Moving’s products, services and websites worldwide (collectively, EZ Moving & Storage’s “services”).
- Personal information and other data we collect is only for the company’s use.
- Any information that EZ Moving collects after any job is completed is archived in our data center. We are able to retrieve your records for a minimum period of 7 years. Any information collected will be purged after this period and will be committed to shredding.
- EZ Moving will not share any telephonic information gathered (i.e. home, work, cell phone numbers) with any other person, third party, or outside firm not related to EZ Moving unless EZ Moving has only written permission to do so from the specific customer in question. Any telephonic information collected will only be used to perform any services as requested.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
- We may use personal private information to provide the services you’ve requested, including services that display customized content and advertising, moving services, storage services, packing services, online web services, box orders, and other services that EZ Moving may promote.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, market research and analysis to operate and improve EZ Moving & Storage advertsing and our other professional services we offer or are looking to offer.
- We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with any legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- EZ Moving processes personal information on our secure servers in the United States of America only.
Choices for your personal information
When you fill out our online quote form or box order form, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Google uses the DoubleClick advertising cookie on AdSense partner sites like EZ Moving and certain Google services to help advertisers and publishers serve and manage ads across the web. You can view, edit, and manage your ads preferences associated with this cookie by accessing the Ads Preferences Manager. In addition, you may choose to opt out of the DoubleClick DART cookie at any time by using DoubleClick’s opt-out cookie.
We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible.
We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with any legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to EZ Moving employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between EZ Moving & Storage and the individual whom may have an issue.